For dinner last week, I made a New York strip steak with zucchini, both of which I purchased at the market:
Monday, July 28, 2008
Farmers' Market
Every Wednesday, a nearby parking lot is transformed into a local farmers' market for 6 hours. There are about 12 different stands on a regular basis, and you can purchase anything from organic olive and rosemary foccacia to goat cheese rimmed with crystallized ginger to large potted sunflowers. I like to support local businesses and farmers and I believe in environmental sustainability, so, if you have any farmers' markets in your area, I urge you to frequent them! You'd be hard-pressed to find fresher produce elsewhere.
For dinner last week, I made a New York strip steak with zucchini, both of which I purchased at the market:
At an herb stand, I picked up "Ambrosia Tea," a mix of rose hips, apricot tea, black currant tea, mango tea, cinnamon chips, and orange peel:
It's quite delicious!
For dinner last week, I made a New York strip steak with zucchini, both of which I purchased at the market:
Categories:
miscellaneous
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment