Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Eat and Greet

Hi! My name is Katie. I just graduated from college, and I'm creating this blog to share my enthusiasm for food with all of you. I grew up in the small town of Hershey, PA, site of the world's largest chocolate factory. My dad's office is located on West Chocolate Ave. at the intersection with Cocoa Ave. When it rains, the air is permeated with the smell of chocolate. Downtown, the streetlights are shaped like Kisses, and they alternate between "wrapped" and "unwrapped." It's no wonder that I grew to be such a foodie.
When we were little, my older sister and I pretended to have our own cooking show--i.e., I was her sous-chef/humble slave, Mauricia, and she bossed me around our plastic Playskool kitchen. "You need to add a pinch of taste," we'd instruct to our imagined viewing audience. Hence the blog title.

Although I have no formal culinary training, I've been baking, sauteeing, and pan-searing for many years. You could say I'm obsessed with everything food: from farmers' markets to the Food Network, from the Zagat guide to the Williams Sonoma catalogue. I love a Wendy's double cheeseburger just as much as I do Daniel Bouloud's $32 burger with short ribs and foie gras at DB Bistro Moderne.

Whether I'm eating every last bite of a filet mignon in Paris...
...posing with a cupcake...
...scarfing down giant slices of pizza on my birthday...
...savoring a chocolate brioche as I stroll down the street...
...or, shame of shames, gnawing on a huge chunk of Gouda before a formal event as my friends watch in horror...
I'm always enjoying all the culinary experiences to be had, both in and out of the kitchen!

So let's eat and be merry.

No comments: