Sunday, August 10, 2008

U-GRO Cookbook

I attended U-GRO preschool for three years, and one of my prized relics from that era is a Mother's Day cookbook that my classmates and I compiled. We dictated our favorite recipes and our teachers transcribed the hilarious results. Granted, we were all about 4 years old at the time, so you might not want to use these measurements in your home kitchen.

This is the outside of the heart-shaped cookbook (adorned with my artistic scribbles):I now present "Hamburgers" by Katie Winter:1 circle-shaped hamburger roll from Fox's Market
1 tomato
1 lettuce--the whole thing
1 cheddar cheese--you need it in a square. It comes already sliced.

Put the whole tomato on the roll, then the whole lettuce, then the cheese. You bake it for a few minutes in a hot oven--one million degrees. You put the circle kind of meat in the oven on the rack. Cook it two minutes. Take it out of the oven. Put the hamburger on the roll. Put it on a plate and let it wait for a few minutes. I eat it with french fries.

The following are some of my favorite entries. "Peas" by a classmate:"Meatballs" as envisioned by another peer:And "Oatmeal" described in exacting detail:

No comments: