Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Climate Change Chocolate

I helped my housemate Ty prepare for his Human Nutrition final. In return, he gifted me with this adorably packaged, eco-friendly candy bar: Climate Change Chocolate.Now, I'm never one to feel guilty when I eat chocolate. After all, I'm from Hershey, PA! Yet Climate Change Chocolate is more than just a sugary snack: it reduces your carbon footprint, thereby compensating for your daily carbon consumption. According to Bloomsberry, the distributor, "America's current average per-capita share of global warming emissions is 133 lbs of CO2 per day. For every chocolate bar purchased TerraPass will purchase 133 lbs of verified carbon offsets."The chocolate bar itself is wrapped in a whimsical, recyclable paper. As you can see, the wrapping features friendly tips on how to live an eco-friendly lifestyle and reduce energy consumption. What a clever idea!This superhero of a milk chocolate bar combats environmental degradation, encourages conscious consumers, and, most importantly, tastes great!

No comments: