Since I was in middle school, I've been a huge fan of The Talent Family--i.e., Amy and David Sedaris. Amy, the star of Comedy Central's short-lived "Strangers with Candy," penned a hysterical cookbook/hospitality guide/coffee table book/humor anthology entitled "I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence." The following is a melt-in-your-mouth recipe for butter cookies. You can add food coloring and/or sprinkles to the frosting.
SUSAN AND GRACIE'S AMAZING BUTTER COOKIES
1 1/3 c unsalted butter
1 1/3 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
8 tsp milk
4 c flour
3 tsp baking powder
For the frosting:
1 box confectioners' sugar
1/4 c half and half
1 stick unsalted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight.
Roll dough out (I use 2 pieces of wax paper and a rolling pin, floured if needed) and use cookie cutter to make your shapes. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees.
Get your cookies to room temperature and refrigerate overnight. Frost cookies next day and place the cookies back in refrigerator for another night until the frosting hardens on cookie. You cannot eat enough of these.
No comments:
Post a Comment