Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Frozen Cookie Dough

My sister lives in New York and rarely cooks, so I like to stock her fridge and pantry when I visit her apartment. This weekend, I'll be dropping off logs of frozen cookie dough. She can defrost, slice, and bake individual cookies whenever she wants!

After making a batch of cookie dough, divide it in half. Roll each half into a log and wrap it with plastic. Then, roll the plastic-wrapped log in a long sheet of parchment paper. Tightly twist the ends of the parchment paper. Using a permanent marker, I labeled the individual logs with the name of the dough and the baking directions. Here is a log of Chocolate Chunk Cookies:...and a log of Icebox Butter Cookies:You can store the cookie dough in your freezer for up to three weeks:

2 comments:

Susan said...

what a sweet sister you are. How nice ! Found your blog in Martha's comment section - Love food blogs so I'll be back.

Katie said...

thanks for reading!

update: my sister baked 4 chocolate chunk cookies last night. she also ate 3 cookies' worth of the frozen dough. seems like someone is willing to risk salmonella...